Big Brother Quarantine All Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQRegisterLog in

The Final 2

Go down 
+10
Max Gentile
Jennifer Check
Negasonic Teenage Warhead
Sandra Bullock
Debbie Jellinsky
Jerry The Mouse
Dorothy Gale
Steve Harrington
Ember McLain
Arisa Cox
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Dorothy Gale

Dorothy Gale

The Final 2 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:24 pm

Also I want to point out that competition wins should not be important to someone's game. This isn't BB6 or BB7 because in both instances Janelle loses regardless of how many competition wins she has. Why? Because of the relationships she didn't have in the game. Just wanted to note that this game is not about how much you can win, JUST about getting to the end.
Back to top Go down
Jerry The Mouse

Jerry The Mouse

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:25 pm

Ember McLain wrote:
I get what you’re saying! But if the person who NEEDS to win DOES, over and over and over and over and over and over again, how can we vote for you over them? (Genuinely would love an answer that surprises me and changes my mind) Like yes, you played a better game than Steve pertaining to keeping your odds of getting to the end higher than most, but he BEAT the odds and we all come here to win in the end, not get to the end.

I have never since getting into Big Brother thought competitions mattered in your case to win. Competitions can be extremely random. If Arisa made an endurance challenge one night instead of a mental or if she planned a puzzle one night where someone who is great at puzzles was on the block, it could change absolutely everything. What’s not random is the fact that this game is ALWAYS going to be a social and strategic game first. I fear sometimes people look at this game as if it were The Challenge. The perfect example of this is Janelle and Maggie in BB6. Janelle was loved, Janelle was targeted every week and kept winning to keep herself safe. That’s how she got to the Final 3. Did she by any means play a better game than Maggie? Who had her alliance making moves FOR her? Who made sure she covered all her bases at all times? Who guaranteed that no matter who won that Final 3 HOH competition that they were bringing her? Absolutely not. I did all of those things. I like to show comparisons so you can see that I was the best player this season. Steve won comps, he killed it, it’s amazing and now he is in the end because of it. I played to win in the end too. Do I wish I won a competition to take out Steve? Yes!!! But comps have so many variables in them. Some are straight up just luck. I just think I played better in every aspect of Big Brother minus the competition portion. The portion that I truly believe means the least.

Ok, fair point and very well articulated. I look at this game through the Survivor lenses so I weigh outwitting outplaying and outlasting equally, why is Big Brother different? Why does it being random diminish its importance?
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Gale

Dorothy Gale

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:27 pm

Not to knock you down Steve, but I think there are other aspects of your game that struggled more than others, for example, the social nature of your game.
Back to top Go down
Steve Harrington

Steve Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:28 pm

Sam Gardner wrote:
Thanks Ember & Steve! this decision has become a lot harder than i expected and i will take both of your speeches and answers into consideration when casting my vote! even though i think steve used way more than 54 words 🙄

good luck and love you both 💕

OH I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THAT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE 54 WORDS HOLD AWN I'M SO-

Sandra Bullock likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dorothy Gale

Dorothy Gale

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:29 pm

So my final question is: if EITHER of you could pick an animal to represent your game, what would it be?
Back to top Go down
Tony Stark

Tony Stark

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:30 pm

Ember McLain wrote:
Ember, the jury really doesn’t fw you(ember… not the person behind ember for clarification)
I still don’t get it completely and I’ve been in jury for two weeks. Can you explain why individuals may feel this way? I personally don’t care about jury management but you said you personally love me in your speech. The jury has told me otherwise, and I have a suspicion you do not either. So you can be honest about that succinctly now

Heyy Tony! Razz

I think the jury perhaps feels this way because I made promises and pleaded my loyalty to people and went back on some of them. People might view me as fake and inauthentic. Maybe a bit bratty when I didnt win a comp. Which again, was strategy on my part. But I just really believe that if they were viewers watching my game from home and not the player that I betrayed, they would be LIVING for me gameplay. What does everyone say in their corny intro videos in Big Brother? “My plans are to lie, backstab and betray blah blah” That is what I felt like I had to do in a lot of situations to propel myself forward. That doesn’t make people happy though. My ability to make someone feel really close to me and then turning on them? That’s gonna make anyone feel some type of way. I can only hope that the jury now sees it as smart decisions and that I didn’t do anything with malicious intent. And no I really did think you were so great Tony! The thing is, if someone is on their “bashing Tony” hour, I have to play along for games sake. I did back you up when decisions had to be made so don’t think I contributed to that all the time. But when it was just casual conversation and someone was like “yeah and blah blah Tony is a liar blah blah right?” I have to be like “Right right. SUCH a liar.” Even if I don’t mean it!! It all just went with my social game. So no, I thought you were great and didn’t personally do anything to ME to make me dislike you.
Thanks for explaining ember!

Ember McLain wrote:

More pressing questions -
Would you cut Steve at f3? Who was your ideal f2? How did your general endgame strategy match up to what really happened? Did you make personal attacks against other HG?

I would have 100000% of cut Steve at Final 3. No doubt in my mind, no question, no thinking I would’ve snipped his ass right to Jury LOL.
LOL bet

Ember McLain wrote:

My ideal Final 2 was Max. From the very beginning of the game my goal was to get me and Max to Final 2. He was my person in this game. We bonded over being close to the end in the purge and we just got along so nicely. When it came to game I started realizing that clearly I was not a Jury favorite so the only chance I had at a solid win was potentially against Max.  No disrespect to you Max, you know I think you’re just wonderful. But Dorothy was gonna beat me and Debbie was gonna beat me.
Yes this is likely to be true lol <3

Ember McLain wrote:
My endgame strategy did match up pretty well with what I wanted to happen! The ONLY thing that didn’t go my way was Steve sitting here with me haha. I really wish I could’ve got him out or someone else could have won a comp to hey him out. Unfortunately that didn’t happen and here we are but Max, Dorothy, Sam and even Debbie all being here with me towards the end…Thats what I wanted. After Sandra left, Ideally wanted Steve, Kim and Debbie to her the next 3 to go. Then I could be in Final 4 with Max, Dorothy and Sam. Steve was in Sam’s slot but ya know…those damn competitions lol.
Gotcha

Ember McLain wrote:

I don’t believe I ever made any personal attacks in this game. The MOST I can remember saying was that people were annoying or got on my nerves lol. I avoid being nasty unless it’s just to simply be funny or go along with what the other houseguest is saying to get them to like me more. So yeah, I called people annoying and needy sometimes haha but other than that no I didn’t make any personal dogs on a person. I try to keep it game and game only.
I only asked because it was brought up in the jury and wanted to give you a chance to clear any air before voting

Thanks for answering
Back to top Go down
Sam Gardner

Sam Gardner

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:31 pm

Steve Harrington wrote:
Sam Gardner wrote:
Thanks Ember & Steve! this decision has become a lot harder than i expected and i will take both of your speeches and answers into consideration when casting my vote! even though i think steve used way more than 54 words 🙄

good luck and love you both 💕

OH I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THAT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE 54 WORDS HOLD AWN I'M SO-
LMAO ITS FINE 😂

Steve Harrington likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tony Stark

Tony Stark

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:33 pm

Ember McLain wrote:
ember, from the block first week to the top! congratulations love, i thought you were fucking weird day one no offense LMFAO then i ended up loving our little alliance, crazy how time changes things. my question for you is did you nominate steve on your HOH so he would 100% be able to play in the veto and his chance of staying would be better, or because you wanted to try and get him evicted?

Hii Jennifer!! Smile Missed you, you lunatic. I’m kidding omg <3

SO, I nominated Steve for 3 reasons when I made the decision.

Reason 1: I could tell STEVE it was so that he had a chance to play for POV no matter what. In the event he won, I could be like “Look! See! It all went according to plan!” lmaooo. Covered my base with Steve in the event he won anyways.

Reason 2: Absolutely so that he had a chance of going home. I know I had just saved him but now with the trio going down to just a duo, I felt much more secure in the game with Steve being gone. I was worried that if I didn’t nominate him and did Sam and Sandra and then let’s say Debbie won POV, Steve and Debbie could’ve made a deal for them to keep each other safe yet again which they did multiple times in the game. Steve would’ve been safe with a SOCIAL move. Not just another ole’ comp win.

Reason 3: I genuinely wanted to keep Sandra safe. I had just nominated her against Jerry and she almost went home. Then she wins immediately after that and keeps me safe. I didn’t wanna win the next HOH and immediately put her up again. I wanted to show my gratitude and my appreciation for her in that moment. So I did.
Interesting to read
Back to top Go down
Ember McLain

Ember McLain

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:34 pm

For some fun: I want both of the finalists to assign each juror one song from the Rise and Shine catalogue that you think embodies your perception of them and their time in the game. Your music taste will determine how I vote (kidding, maybe) The Final 2 - Page 9 1f618

Hi Kim. Thank you so much <333 This is fun!! I had a good time with this Smile

Webkinz: Hopelessly Devoted to You - Grease

“My head is saying fool, forget him. My heart is saying don’t let go. Hold on to the end. That’s what I intend to do.”

Webby was so loyal to Cruella on her sinking ship. It was cute haha. I think Web is such a loyal player honestly so this seemed like a nice fit.

Squirt: Hello Kitty - Avril Lavigne

“Let’s all slumber party like a fat kid on a pack of Smarties. Someone chuck a cupcake at me.”

Squirt loved to be random as hell and have a good time. This song is chaotic and random and FUN!! Just like Squirt haha.

Jennifer: Mood Swings - Tove Stryke

“I’m a mess, I’m a wreck, I’m a savage. But you keep coming back for this bad bitch.”

Jennifer is all these things!! LOL. She’s so much fun though and it’s all with love. You can’t help but keep wanting more Jennifer.

Tony: Love Potion - Ralph

“All you need is one sip to remember that you said our love, it would last forever. Give you just a taste to keep up together.”

Tony was a huge flirt! He used it to his advantage and it was almost like he was trying to give people a love potion lol. What better song to encapsulate that?

Jerry: Bitch, Dont Kill My Vibe - Kendrick Lamar

“I got my drink, I got my music. I would share it but today i’m yelling. Bitch, don’t kill my vibe; bitch, don’t kill my vibe.”

Jerry was always so chill and mature about everything. Like he was so put together and is the definition of “I’m just vibing” This one is perfect for him.

NTW: I Hope You’re Miserable Until Your Dead - Nessa Barrett

“The damage is done, moving on if I’m ready or not. But you drag me through the mud, here I come, now, I’m petty as fuck.”

This is PERFECT for NTW. She’s petty, she’s sassy, if you wrong her, you’re doomed. It’s an upbeat and feisty song. Thought it was the perfect match.

Sandra: Dominoes - Olivia Lunny

“Dominoes, watch’em go. One by one, falling slow.”

Poor Sandra!!!! Lol. This was just too good not to choose. Her game was amazing and riding high and then it was just one thing after another. A domino effect if Ive ever seen one.

Kim: Gives You Hell - All American Rejects

“When you see my face, hope it gives you hell, hope it gives you hell. When you walk my way hope it gives you hell, hope it gives you hell.”

Kim, this one is so you! You had everyone bothered, including me at one point! lol. People dragged you on the way out and they hate to see you thrive. You didn’t give one single fuck and it’s hilarious. This one was clear.

Sam: Survivor - Destiny’s Child

“I’m a survivor, I’m not gon’ give up. I’m not gon’ stop, I’m gon’ work harder.”

The battle back champion DESERVES this song!! You were dead in the water and you came back and fought your way to Final 6. This song is Sam Gardner this season for SURE Razz

Debbie: Dua Lipa - Love Again

“Never have I ever, met somebody like you. Used to be afraid of love and what it might do. But God damn you got me in love again.”

Who didn’t feel this way about Debbie? EVERYONE loves Debbie. Twitters Favorite. Productions Favorite. The Cast Favorite. Debbie is the moment and everyone fell for her personality.

Dorothy: Need to Know - Doja Cat

“I need to know. Wanna know what it’s like. Baby, show me what it’s like.”

I know this song is about sex but it’s also about being curious and needing to know something. Dorothy ALWAYS was needing to know what the hell was going on and what was up in the game. It was funny every time and I just think your curiosity and alert nature fits this bop.

Max: 3 - Britney Spears

“One, two, three, not only you and me. Got one eighty degrees and i’m caught in between.”

This is strictly because Max is a man whore, the hottest one on the cast and because me, him and NTW talked about having a threesome in our trio chat. Not a better choice in there for Max.

Steve Harrington, Kim Ki-Jung, Jerry The Mouse, Sam Gardner, Sandra Bullock, Dorothy Gale and Debbie Jellinsky like this post

Back to top Go down
Ember McLain

Ember McLain

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:40 pm

Ok, fair point and very well articulated. I look at this game through the Survivor lenses so I weigh outwitting outplaying and outlasting equally, why is Big Brother different? Why does it being random diminish its importance?

Very fair. I like that way at viewing it. I even said in my opening speech that when I look at this game I determine my vote, when I’m a juror, i’m similar ways. The competition aspect, the social aspect and a strategic aspect. I think that out of those 3 categories I beat Steve in TWO of them. He beats me me one. However; I did hold my own and won 3 times when I needed to. I also came in 2nd place right behind Steve in many many instances as well. So if you put a lot of stock into comps, I totally respect that. I did what I could and won 3 times in very crucial points of my game. I didn’t win 14-15 but I didn’t need to. And I guess the randomness doesn’t diminish it’s importance. It’s just I guess for ME, I look at outwit and outlast as the 2 top tier categories in games like Big Brother and Survivor.

Jerry The Mouse and Sandra Bullock like this post

Back to top Go down
Tony Stark

Tony Stark

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:40 pm

Negasonic Teenage Warhead wrote:
Thank you both for your answers. There was a specific thing I was looking for in my answers and everything else was fluff. Hopefully it works out for you with the other jurors but I got what I was looking for. Sorry to the person who lost my vote <3
Omg this is so ominous
Back to top Go down
Debbie Jellinsky

Debbie Jellinsky

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:41 pm

My ego won’t survive this finale

Cruella de Vil likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tony Stark

Tony Stark

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:42 pm

Steve Harrington wrote:
Jennifer Check wrote:
steve, first of awl i was not THAT chaotic. i was actually very tame this season, smh. congratulations on getting here, you deserve it so much. what would you say was the most important move you made for your game? we all know you were doing a ton of flashy shit but which move do you think was the most pivotal in getting you to where you are now?

thnx y'all <3

okay true, but you still had HOH's that made u a bit of a shield KJNFSKJF ily. And tysm, I missed you so so much when u were evicted <3

I would say the MOST important move I made was possibly my first HOH reign, believe it or not, because I think it set me up well for a long time, and also allowed me to level the playing field a bit after the other side had 70% of the powers in the house. With my nominations, I flushed two GPOVs, I pretended to be seeking out the DPOV, and I eliminated the player who I DO think was playing UTR and would have gone after me had he won an HOH (which I think was likely), and I managed to find out who had every single power during this HOH alone, which helped us all navigate the coming weeks. Additionally, had we lost another number that round AND the other side had all those powers? I think the alliance would have crumbled pretty fast, and the house divide, which is what truly facilitated my success (as I knew it would) would have been largely gone, especially with Cruella and Kim winning the following HOH's. Without that HOH reign at the perfect time, I think the entire landscape of the game would have been different and my game would have had to shift to a zone that would have been harder to navigate. It would have likely been do-able, but for the sake of optimizing the playing field to suit my strengths? It was largely integral for me, I'd think.
ye cruella's hoh was the stupidest shit this whole game
Back to top Go down
Sandra Bullock

Sandra Bullock

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:43 pm

Ember why you gotta make light of my trauma like that? (Jk lmao)

Ember McLain likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steve Harrington

Steve Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:46 pm

Kim Ki-Jung wrote:
Congrats to you both on making final 2. I don’t have any major, serious questions because you’ve both explained yourselves and have answered many questions. I will read through everything again before making a final decision.

For some fun: I want both of the finalists to assign each juror one song from the Rise and Shine catalogue  that you think embodies your perception of them and their time in the game. Your music taste will determine how I vote (kidding, maybe  The Final 2 - Page 9 1f618)

Love u Kim, this is a fun question <3

Webkinz: Miss You A Little

Squirt: Love Potion

Jennifer: Liquor Store

Tony: Do It

Jerry: Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High

Negasonic: I Hate You Then I Love You

Sandra: Survival Mode

Kim: Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe

Sam: Hero

Debbie: Me Against the Music

Dorothy: Hard White