Big Brother Quarantine All Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQRegisterLog in

The Final 2

Go down 
+10
Max Gentile
Jennifer Check
Negasonic Teenage Warhead
Sandra Bullock
Debbie Jellinsky
Jerry The Mouse
Dorothy Gale
Steve Harrington
Ember McLain
Arisa Cox
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Jerry The Mouse

Jerry The Mouse

The Final 2 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 4:22 pm

Steve Harrington wrote:
Jerry The Mouse wrote:
Fantastic answer, couldn’t have been better! Can you speak to how hard it was to be seen as a comp beast, from a fairly early stage of the game? I value a behind the scenes game, as I’m totally considering voting for Ember still, she’s really killing it right now, but i also know that it can be extremely difficult to play, as I’m sure Debbie can attest to also, when no one wants to take you to the end coupled with the fact that they fear that you can run the table as well

Thank you Jerry!

I think it was difficult, but it's what necessitated a balance in many regards, it was as if I needed to remind people daily what I could do for them, slipping it into daily conversation who I would go after in order to build trust, and as I mentioned before, ensuring the house divide was also essential, and I was active toward that, because I knew being seen as an asset was necessary, and that's why I had to go out of my way to ensure people like Jennifer, yourself, and Debbie were around as long as possible to keep me afloat, and thus so many deals were struck, constantly shifting but forming new ones in order to gather shielding and a perceived ability to be useful. I did not just sit around letting myself stew as the big threat, I made sure to state my purposes to not allow allies to feel uneasy, and I kept a playing field around where I would be an object of utility, not someone who was a danger. As others said, people even campaigned FOR ME to be around because i was a shield and asset and weapon, and that was through carefully choosing who to tell what about my targets and intentions in order to keep this perception for myself. It's by no means a spot where I can afford to just sit around, but that made it fun for me too!

Well said again! You played a straight forward, loyal, intelligent and record setting game! To have shared it the way we did was an honor, just as it was with Ember! Whoever wins, y’all are all stars among all stars! Congratulations!

Steve Harrington and Ember McLain like this post

Back to top Go down
Steve Harrington

Steve Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 4:44 pm

Dorothy Gale wrote:
Steve Harrington wrote:
Dorothy Gale wrote:
Also I want to point out that competition wins should not be important to someone's game. This isn't BB6 or BB7 because in both instances Janelle loses regardless of how many competition wins she has. Why? Because of the relationships she didn't have in the game. Just wanted to note that this game is not about how much you can win, JUST about getting to the end.

I agree with this, when comp wins are about survival and survival alone, they can less so be seen as game moves, but I do feel as though WITH a comp win, if you can leverage your power that you gain through the win properly, you're able to make deals and position yourself well in order to get to a point where you can tailor the playing field to optimize your own chances of getting to the end. In using a Veto on someone else? That's a social connection and a shift in house perception. In targeting specific people on an HOH and flushing powers? That's tailoring the house in order to pave a path and also allowing oneself to maintain numbers, and in that regard, one can be heavily active in one's fate. It's never strictly about winning, it's about what is done with those wins. If you win something and go home the next week, then it can typically be seen as not a good use of power. If you get blood on your hands and then do not suffer the repercussions, I believe that's the mark of a strong game as well, though there are many many game styles, and all are valid tbh

You won 8 vetoes, and yet only used one, to which that didn't even really gain you anything because Webkinz was pretty much about to go home the next round anyways. Up until his eviction, the votes were pretty much unanimous. Also, out of the vetoes you won, they were all on you. I'll give you the deal with Debbie to prolong your stay here, but after that you had Ember win two HOH's, two weeks of guaranteed safety for yourself. I just don't see the maneuverability you're referring to.

I did win 8, yes, and I did not get blood on my hands from them nor was I taken out for them. The votes were very split each week: Jules 7-6, Nagisa 8-7, Sam tying 8-8, and even Cruella had a shot at staying had it been seen as worth it, there was a whole movement to keep her in the works, as you know, since she was going to you for votes as well.

In terms of maneuverability though, that can be more heavily attributed to my HOHs, keeping the split nature of the game, disposing of the other side's powers, and literally after I nominated Cruella, she did not nominate me because of a deal. With Jerry? Jerry was going to stick to a deal with me as well. Had I NOT backdoored Tony? Tony and I had a deal too. I had many options to go toward, but in the end, I stuck more strongly to our alliance and I aided in getting us numbers when I could because I knew there would be more perceived benefit to keep me around if I was seen as a weapon to be used. I think this, again, was proven to work when you AND two others kept me again, which in of itself is a social move. Also, Ember winning HOH and keeping me safe is still a social move, being connected to those who would actively keep me safe was something done out of protection. Additionally, my alliance with Sam/Sandra kept me fairly covered as well. Like I said, I had options to flip toward, but in gaining power, I chose to enable the split nature of the house specifically so I could get here EXACTLY in the way I envisioned.
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Gale

Dorothy Gale

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 4:49 pm

It seems you have a pretty strong conviction regarding your knowledge of the moves made in this game.

Regardless, one of you answered jury questions and the other answered them and then some. Best of luck to you two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 4:53 pm

Waiting for Dorothy’s closing statement. You have the floor boo.

Sandra Bullock likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dorothy Gale

Dorothy Gale

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 4:53 pm

Waiting for you to deactivate bitch mode. Take all the time you need.

Jerry The Mouse likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 4:54 pm

Dorothy Gale wrote:
How cute, you think you’re relevant <3

Back to top Go down
Dorothy Gale

Dorothy Gale

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 4:55 pm

Negasonic Teenage Warhead wrote:
Dorothy Gale wrote:

How cute you had to interject and make this about you.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 4:56 pm

Dorothy Gale wrote:
Dorothy Gale wrote:

IKR??

Jennifer Check likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dorothy Gale

Dorothy Gale

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 4:58 pm

Dorothy Gale wrote:
Dorothy Gale wrote:

IKR??

You really must've woken up on the wrong side of the bed today. There's a jury house for a reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 4:59 pm

Dorothy Gale wrote:
Dorothy Gale wrote:
Dorothy Gale wrote:

IKR??

You really must've woken up on the wrong side of the bed today. There's a jury house for a reason.

And guess what? You’re in there with me <3 so phab

Back to top Go down
Dorothy Gale

Dorothy Gale

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 5:00 pm

Dorothy Gale wrote:
Dorothy Gale wrote:
Dorothy Gale wrote:

IKR??

And guess what? You’re in there with me <3 so phab

You missing the point is so like you. it means you need to use that space if you have any unrequited beef with me.

Back to top Go down
Ember McLain

Ember McLain

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 5:11 pm

Seems like Jury questions are done. I’m not gonna make my closing speech another long winded thing that will take you all forever to read.

Jurors, please, if you are still undecided…I would absolutely love to represent this season of BBQ All Stars as your champion. I know I lied, I know I broke promises, I know I backstabbed but it was all to get me in this seat!! I adore each and every one of you on a personal level and I wish I could’ve remained loyal to you all but thats just not how Big Brother works.

I think I check more boxes off here in this Final 2. I truly believe I played the best game and deserve the crown. I think I dominated socially and strategically. I planted seeds where necessary, I won competitions when I felt the need to and I went 44 days in this crazy, competitive season only being nominated by a fellow houseguest TWICE!! I was the under dog coming off the block Week 1. I persevered, I did what I had to do and I made it here through my wit and every move I made, even if some see it as mistakes, got me here.

Win or lose, I’m proud of how I did and I hope all of you can see that I played well. I love Big Brother so much. I respect everything that this game is and it truly brings so much happiness to my life. Thanks for the memories everyone…  The Final 2 - Page 11 1f495  The Final 2 - Page 11 1f495

Oh, Ember! You will remember!
Ember! One thing remains!
Oh, Ember! So warm and tender!
You will remember my name!!!

The Final 2 - Page 11 IdioticBestCanadagoose-size_restricted

The Final 2 - Page 11 Tumblr_oupdim6XwU1v3eydko5_400

Nagisa Shiota, Tony Stark, Steve Harrington, Sandra Bullock, Debbie Jellinsky and Wendy Williams like this post

Back to top Go down
Kim Ki-Jung

Kim Ki-Jung

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 5:15 pm

I will use my double vote on whoever sends me at least $30 of their winnings

Steve Harrington, Ember McLain, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Sandra Bullock and Anna Kendrick like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 5:16 pm

*thinks about how Ember refused to vote for me if our roles were reversed*

Sending my vote in now Arisaaaa

Ember McLain likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steve Harrington

Steve Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 5:18 pm

Just to wrap up, I’ll make a closing statement! I figure most of you have already voted by now, and it’s been a long game, so I don’t need to reiterate more moves, I think most have been addressed in my speech and answers.

It’s been an amazing time playing an All Stars season with you all. Coming into this game, I was beyond excited to play again, and I’m ecstatic that I managed to survive these past 43 days, even if I was left bereft of my social life because of it, it is ALWAYS a pleasure to play my heart out, get closer to you all, have fun, compete, and most importantly push myself in new ways each time.

Ultimately, while I was nominated numerous times, I saw 0 official votes to evict this season (Ik Max and Debbie and Kim voted me out, but yay powers <3). With all 5 of my HOH wins, I made moves to benefit myself, and only myself. If it did not serve me to campaign, I let my allies show their cards. If it did serve me to campaign, I often got my way (aside from Dorohty staying, but she was evicted soon after regardless). With the first, I flushed powers and facilitated the maintenance of a house divide. With the second, I took out someone who long term was a liability and threat (Tony, you were QUITE good in speed comps, and I know straight up speed is something I’m good at, but not always the best at, and so you leaving was not eliminating a non-threat by any means, in fact, isolating Debbie helped me get closer to her). Upon my third, I tied up a loose end and struck up some deals where I still had high odds of getting taken off the block by myself or via Debbie, and then the following HOH, I took out arguably the other biggest competitive and social threat, Debbie. Then I proceeded to win the Final HOH and take myself here. The best move for everyone was to take me out, and either they couldn’t when they tried, or they DIDN’T when the opportunity was handed to them, and that in of itself makes myself a strong contender for the win. Comps are not everything, but every single HOH allowed me to make a deal or shape the house in a way where I knew I could get further. I played this game alongside Ember, and in the end, while she helped me (which hurt her game a bit in the long run, I would still say, despite the fact she got here), I also aided her game immensely, because without some of my own wins, where would she be? Potentially on the block with me and gone if she were to lose Veto. I was a huge protective factor for her, and when it was safe to discard me, she played it safer. Sure, safe is good, but is safe something winning? That’s for you to decide.

I took risks throughout this game. I threw out names early on, like Debbie to Ted. I fought and won things to take big shots, to make strong nominations and not just always go for "small fish" when I’d rather WORK with others like them. I’d rather have 80% of the house rather than 100% of the house so I at least feel free enough to make moves.

Ultimately, a lot happened in this game. There were ups and downs and highs and lows, but I think we can all respect one another’s games here; we’re all All Stars for a reason, and I’m beyond grateful to have shared this experience with you all, and in the end, may the best player win! Ember, I have LOVED reading your answers, and I’ve loved having this time to state my case with you, and opponent I loved the prospect of going against. I’m glad we’re here together, and I’m glad that someone I can say I care about is sitting beside me, and I'm even more glad that the Jury has been taking the time reading our responses, as there's nothing I love more than explaining my game and talking about the game Smile

Also Kim, I'll do that The Final 2 - Page 11 1f60d

Thank you everyone, and I have a TON of love for you, and I look forward to seeing you all later <3

Last edited by Steve Harrington on Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tony Stark, Ember McLain, Sandra Bullock and Debbie Jellinsky like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Final 2
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next