Big Brother Quarantine All Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQRegisterLog in

The Final 2

Go down 
+10
Max Gentile
Jennifer Check
Negasonic Teenage Warhead
Sandra Bullock
Debbie Jellinsky
Jerry The Mouse
Dorothy Gale
Steve Harrington
Ember McLain
Arisa Cox
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Tony Stark

Tony Stark

The Final 2 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:49 pm

Steve Harrington wrote:
Tony Stark wrote:
Congrats y’all! Good speeches

Steve - “ When Tony was HOH and able to nominate me, he didn’t because an alliance was made with him swiftly, and I immediately came off as someone who was less active in the general sense, not someone who was just not talking to him, and he did not nominate me, and I actually suggested we work together in the Veto competition specifically to garner trust in a more efficient manner, suggesting we work with Matt Bomer too”

Just relaying my thought process - I didn’t nominate you because of Ember actually who I really liked in the beginning. I was going to nom you next to Rebecca, not peach, but ember kept saying you would be a shield for us and number etc lol, so I complied 😂 I wanted to show ember I was serious about working with her. You are right when we worked in the veto I trusted you guys

That's very fair that Ember was a large part in me not getting nominated, and I knew Ember liked you, which is why I mentioned her right away as someone I liked to you when I messaged you because I'd gotten a scope of who was already comfortable with you. For example, Ember seemed unbothered that you won and felt safe immediately, and I knew I wanted to get in on that, and so leveraging my connection with her did help a bit, I'd think, but that's fair that most of the credit can be given to her there! But yes, for sure, I thought working on the comp together would be a perfect way to create a bond faster that would make up a bit for lost time Smile
Yeah totally, makes 100% sense!

Steve Harrington wrote:

Tony Stark wrote:

More pressing questions -

Steve - I literally had no idea who you were until late jury 🥲
Why should I vote to someone who made me cry over the game, promising me up and down I was safe for days, only to break that deal the first chance you get? 😭 I am still very hurt. Who was your ideal f2? Why did Jennifer pool money only to give it to you(great social move on your part)?

That's very fair, I think the reason you did not know me well at all was because I did NOT want to be overaligned, but as u stated upon your eviction, I very much was; the thing is, I TRULY had NO intention of nominating you. I promised you up and down because I did intend on keeping that: similar to Sandra's HOH, my Backdoor target won Veto and removed my Primary target off the block. Jerry, throughout the whole week, had been active in making deals with me, and I knew Ember was going to target Jerry, whereas Jerry and I could have a working relationship. With you, I felt your nominations were never going to exactly be in my benefit, as your side of the house was coming out triumphant more often than not at that point, so I had to make a call I did not at all want to make, because I DID feel good with you and I wanted at least 3-4 people out before I wanted you out. I promised you so strongly because the odds of NTW getting picked for Veto were slim, and it was even MORE slim of a chance for her to WIN and take the target off; probability was in my favor that my words to you would stay true, but luck was not, and so I went back on it.
This makes sense and NTW suspected they were the bd target

Steve Harrington wrote:

While that was not my intention, I think the move was the best one for me, because as anticipated, Jerry went home the next week anyway, and there was no use in tarnishing relationships with my alliance, which I needed to rely on more. The other option would have been Debbie, but as I mentioned, her target and our deals were essential to my game, meanwhile you and I, while it COULD have been great, there was not a ton of trust there either. I'm sorry to hear that you actually did cry if that's true though, because I truly never want to blindside anyone that badly in this game Sad The only thing I can say is that I hope the logic in the decision makes sense, and I just hope you know that I did NOT make the decision lightly at alllll.
I understand <3

Steve Harrington wrote:

As for your other questions: Ideal Final 2 was Sam. If not Sam, then Ember or Max (I was largely undecided between the two of them). I figured I needed someone in my own alliance at the end because like I've mentioned, being able to play a similar but better game is easier to flaunt than it is to play completely different and incomparable games wherein jurors would have to vote based on values alone.
Yup makes sense

Steve Harrington wrote:

Jennifer gave me her money because I was the one who bought her immunity in the VIP lounge on Cruella's HOH, knowing she was in danger, and taking swift action, and I feel I earned a lot of loyalty there in addition to our personal/game bond we already shared. She did not have enough to save herself on her eviction, so she gave it to me on her way out, telling me to give em hell <3
Ooh ok

Steve Harrington wrote:

Tony Stark wrote:
“ My game was filled with more active moves and a more solid grasp on Jury Management. I did not lie or string people along”

Hello Steven! I’m right here!!?!

YOU WERE MY EXCEPTION, ILY AND I HOPE I GAVE MY REASONING WELL ENOUGH ABOVE FOR WHY IT WENT DOWN THAT WAY ^^
You did, thanks Steve! <3

Steve Harrington likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jerry The Mouse

Jerry The Mouse

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:50 pm

Ember McLain wrote:
Ok, fair point and very well articulated. I look at this game through the Survivor lenses so I weigh outwitting outplaying and outlasting equally, why is Big Brother different? Why does it being random diminish its importance?

Very fair. I like that way at viewing it. I even said in my opening speech that when I look at this game I determine my vote, when I’m a juror, i’m similar ways. The competition aspect, the social aspect and a strategic aspect. I think that out of those 3 categories I beat Steve in TWO of them. He beats me me one. However; I did hold my own and won 3 times when I needed to. I also came in 2nd place right behind Steve in many many instances as well. So if you put a lot of stock into comps, I totally respect that. I did what I could and won 3 times in very crucial points of my game. I didn’t win 14-15 but I didn’t need to. And I guess the randomness doesn’t diminish it’s importance. It’s just I guess for ME, I look at outwit and outlast as the 2 top tier categories in games like Big Brother and Survivor.

Ok! I’m done questioning you 😂 so sorry it was a lot lmao but you’re doing an absolutely incredible job and keep going! Again, an honor to play with you and congratulations!

Ember McLain and Sandra Bullock like this post

Back to top Go down
Ember McLain

Ember McLain

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:51 pm

Dorothy Gale wrote:
So my final question is: if EITHER of you could pick an animal to represent your game, what would it be?

I would say the animal to represent my game would be a dolphin! I know that seems random but lemme explain haha. I know people think maybe a snake would work better BUT people know snakes are dangerous. You avoid snakes and don’t wanna get close to them. Dolphins however; they are friendly, make you feel safe and you wanna play with them BUT they are actually deadly and could kill you in an instant without a clear or direct cause. In my case, there was direct causes haha. But you get the picture! So i’ll go with a Wild Dolphin <3

Nagisa Shiota, Jerry The Mouse, Dorothy Gale and Wendy Williams like this post

Back to top Go down
Jennifer Check

Jennifer Check

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:51 pm

would you fuck me yes or no? this will decide my vote btw
Back to top Go down
Ember McLain

Ember McLain

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:52 pm

Jerry The Mouse wrote:
Ember McLain wrote:
Ok, fair point and very well articulated. I look at this game through the Survivor lenses so I weigh outwitting outplaying and outlasting equally, why is Big Brother different? Why does it being random diminish its importance?

Very fair. I like that way at viewing it. I even said in my opening speech that when I look at this game I determine my vote, when I’m a juror, i’m similar ways. The competition aspect, the social aspect and a strategic aspect. I think that out of those 3 categories I beat Steve in TWO of them. He beats me me one. However; I did hold my own and won 3 times when I needed to. I also came in 2nd place right behind Steve in many many instances as well. So if you put a lot of stock into comps, I totally respect that. I did what I could and won 3 times in very crucial points of my game. I didn’t win 14-15 but I didn’t need to. And I guess the randomness doesn’t diminish it’s importance. It’s just I guess for ME, I look at outwit and outlast as the 2 top tier categories in games like Big Brother and Survivor.

Ok! I’m done questioning you 😂 so sorry it was a lot lmao but you’re doing an absolutely incredible job and keep going! Again, an honor to play with you and congratulations!

Thank you so so much. I appreciated all the opportunities you gave me to explain myself. The honor was all mine <3

Jerry The Mouse likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sam Gardner

Sam Gardner

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:53 pm

Ember one last thing. You mentioned in one of your responses to Sandra that you think you still could have made it to the final 2 if you kept NTW over Steve...so if you really thought that was the case why didn't you choose to cut Steve at that point? I know i kept Steve as well, but my reasoning is completely different from yours based on the games we both played. You are stating you threw a lot of comps and had confidence in your comp abilities so at that point wouldn't it have been a better move to take out one of the 2 comp threats in the game? You also stated you were connected with everyone so if you did cut Steve here i am not sure you would have even been anyones target going into the next few weeks. You could have taken out the front runner of this season and slowly moved into that spot.

Tony Stark, Steve Harrington and Sandra Bullock like this post

Back to top Go down
Ember McLain

Ember McLain

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:54 pm

Jennifer Check wrote:

With the lights on. With the lights off. With a shaved head. Hairy bush. Food in your teeth. 3rd nipple. Unibrow, Flat ass. 100% I would fuck you. Duh.

Jennifer Check and Dorothy Gale like this post

Back to top Go down
Steve Harrington

Steve Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:55 pm

Jerry The Mouse wrote:
Fantastic answer, couldn’t have been better! Can you speak to how hard it was to be seen as a comp beast, from a fairly early stage of the game? I value a behind the scenes game, as I’m totally considering voting for Ember still, she’s really killing it right now, but i also know that it can be extremely difficult to play, as I’m sure Debbie can attest to also, when no one wants to take you to the end coupled with the fact that they fear that you can run the table as well

Thank you Jerry!

I think it was difficult, but it's what necessitated a balance in many regards, it was as if I needed to remind people daily what I could do for them, slipping it into daily conversation who I would go after in order to build trust, and as I mentioned before, ensuring the house divide was also essential, and I was active toward that, because I knew being seen as an asset was necessary, and that's why I had to go out of my way to ensure people like Jennifer, yourself, and Debbie were around as long as possible to keep me afloat, and thus so many deals were struck, constantly shifting but forming new ones in order to gather shielding and a perceived ability to be useful. I did not just sit around letting myself stew as the big threat, I made sure to state my purposes to not allow allies to feel uneasy, and I kept a playing field around where I would be an object of utility, not someone who was a danger. As others said, people even campaigned FOR ME to be around because i was a shield and asset and weapon, and that was through carefully choosing who to tell what about my targets and intentions in order to keep this perception for myself. It's by no means a spot where I can afford to just sit around, but that made it fun for me too!
Back to top Go down
Jennifer Check

Jennifer Check

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:58 pm

Ember McLain wrote:
Jennifer Check wrote:

With the lights on. With the lights off. With a shaved head. Hairy bush. Food in your teeth. 3rd nipple. Unibrow, Flat ass. 100% I would fuck you. Duh.
very informative thank you

Ember McLain likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ember McLain

Ember McLain

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 4:01 pm

Sam Gardner wrote:
Ember one last thing. You mentioned in one of your responses to Sandra that you think you still could have made it to the final 2 if you kept NTW over Steve...so if you really thought that was the case why didn't you choose to cut Steve at that point? I know i kept Steve as well, but my reasoning is completely different from yours based on the games we both played. You are stating you threw a lot of comps and had confidence in your comp abilities so at that point wouldn't it have been a better move to take out one of the 2 comp threats in the game? You also stated you were connected with everyone so if you did cut Steve here i am not sure you would have even been anyones target going into the next few weeks. You could have taken out the front runner of this season and slowly moved into that spot.

I do believe I still could of. I just think it could of been harder. That’s all. A trio of really good social players and comp threats scared me more than Steve did by himself. Yes, it could’ve served me well to eliminate a comp threat, but as I stated at THAT moment I was more worried about NTW because she can rival me with social prowess. Steve, I don’t believe could. So it was also important to me to get rid of the next best social player to keep myself in that slot. I definitely don’t think I would have been anyone’s target! However; when it got down to end game I think I could have been sniped at final 5 or final 4. Or even final 3! I would have still been good for a few weeks with Steve gone and NTW here. But if we’re looking at a Final 4 of let’s say, Me, NTW, Debbie and Max? I’m a goner if I don’t win HOH/POV. And that’s the game I always try to AVOID playing. Having to rely on a comp win.
Back to top Go down
Steve Harrington

Steve Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 4:02 pm

Dorothy Gale wrote:
Also I want to point out that competition wins should not be important to someone's game. This isn't BB6 or BB7 because in both instances Janelle loses regardless of how many competition wins she has. Why? Because of the relationships she didn't have in the game. Just wanted to note that this game is not about how much you can win, JUST about getting to the end.

I agree with this, when comp wins are about survival and survival alone, they can less so be seen as game moves, but I do feel as though WITH a comp win, if you can leverage your power that you gain through the win properly, you're able to make deals and position yourself well in order to get to a point where you can tailor the playing field to optimize your own chances of getting to the end. In using a Veto on someone else? That's a social connection and a shift in house perception. In targeting specific people on an HOH and flushing powers? That's tailoring the house in order to pave a path and also allowing oneself to maintain numbers, and in that regard, one can be heavily active in one's fate. It's never strictly about winning, it's about what is done with those wins. If you win something and go home the next week, then it can typically be seen as not a good use of power. If you get blood on your hands and then do not suffer the repercussions, I believe that's the mark of a strong game as well, though there are many many game styles, and all are valid tbh

Tony Stark likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steve Harrington

Steve Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 4:03 pm

Jennifer Check wrote:

yes, definitely, ur husband jerry can join and/or watch <3
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Gale

Dorothy Gale

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 4:07 pm

Steve Harrington wrote:
Dorothy Gale wrote:
Also I want to point out that competition wins should not be important to someone's game. This isn't BB6 or BB7 because in both instances Janelle loses regardless of how many competition wins she has. Why? Because of the relationships she didn't have in the game. Just wanted to note that this game is not about how much you can win, JUST about getting to the end.

I agree with this, when comp wins are about survival and survival alone, they can less so be seen as game moves, but I do feel as though WITH a comp win, if you can leverage your power that you gain through the win properly, you're able to make deals and position yourself well in order to get to a point where you can tailor the playing field to optimize your own chances of getting to the end. In using a Veto on someone else? That's a social connection and a shift in house perception. In targeting specific people on an HOH and flushing powers? That's tailoring the house in order to pave a path and also allowing oneself to maintain numbers, and in that regard, one can be heavily active in one's fate. It's never strictly about winning, it's about what is done with those wins. If you win something and go home the next week, then it can typically be seen as not a good use of power. If you get blood on your hands and then do not suffer the repercussions, I believe that's the mark of a strong game as well, though there are many many game styles, and all are valid tbh

You won 8 vetoes, and yet only used one, to which that didn't even really gain you anything because Webkinz was pretty much about to go home the next round anyways. Up until his eviction, the votes were pretty much unanimous. Also, out of the vetoes you won, they were all on you. I'll give you the deal with Debbie to prolong your stay here, but after that you had Ember win two HOH's, two weeks of guaranteed safety for yourself. I just don't see the maneuverability you're referring to.
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Gale

Dorothy Gale

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 4:10 pm

Steve Harrington wrote:
Dorothy Gale wrote:

I also think the repercussions were not there for you to suffer due to you beasting out and winning everything. You never really got to experience the need to campaign for votes until maybe when you were against NTW but even then you knew you weren't going. Can you confidently tell me that you would have had the social traction to stay from the time Cruella went home to now?
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Gale

Dorothy Gale

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 4:11 pm

Maybe I'm just being a weird bitch for bringing these points up, but I do think they need to be considered.

Wendy Williams likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Final 2   The Final 2 - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Final 2
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next